Come act, sing and dance your way through the summer! Our camps feature high energy and excitement while learning the incredible art of creating a performance. All campers are “cast” in the show; learning songs, scenes and dances to create an AMAZING final performance open to friends and family. Camp is a great introduction for those new to theater while still challenging for veteran performers.
- Spring Break Camp: Frog Prince (Kdg- 8th Grade) March 27-March 31 $250
- Musical Theatre Camp Ages: Completed Kdg-Completed 7th 9:00am-1:00pm $400
- Session 1: Madagascar June 12-23
- Session 2: High School Musical June 26-July 7* (*July 3-6 will end 2:00pm. No camp July 4)
- Session 3: Madagascar July 10-July 21
- Session 4: High School Musical July 24- Aug 4
- Teen Ages: Completed 8th-12th 2:00pm-6:00pm $450
- Teen Camp: The Addams Family July 10-28
- Make new friends
- Put on a show
- Learn from professional theatre teachers
- Discover dance steps and choreography
- Singing technique
- Focus & discipline
- Build confidence & stage presence
- Ensemble & group dynamics
- Acting & creating characters
- Fun theatre games
- Bring: Please print off, sign and bring your CTWS Behavior Expectation Contract with you to your first day.
- Attendance: Campers should plan to attend camp every day and not arrive late/leave early. Campers are not allowed in the building prior to 10 mins to start of camp. If your camper arrives late, plan on walking them in and reporting to the camp director.
- Illness: If your camper is sick, please keep them home and call in their absence. Campers must be fever free for 24 hours.
- We are a strictly NUT FREE camp. Because we care about the safety of every student, campers whose lunches are found to contain nuts/peanut butter will have their parents called and be required to depart camp for the day.
High School Musical/Madagascar: Completed Kdg- Completed 7th
Teen Camp: Completed 8th- Completed 12th
CTWS staff uses the positive techniques of guidance, redirection (to more acceptable behavior), anticipation of and elimination of potential problems. Natural or logical consequences are applied in problem situations. We strive to provide an environment based on encouragement of appropriate behavior rather than competition or criticism. Counselors encourage pro-social behavior such as cooperation, helping, taking turns and constructive verbal communication to solve problems. Campers who do not adhere to camp behavior standards will be handled on an individual basis. Frequent or severe violations may result in suspension or expulsion from the program at the discretion of the camp director. No refunds will be given due to expulsion or suspensions. Behaviors resulting in immediate dismissal include but are not limited to:
- Any action that could threaten or pose a direct threat to the physical/emotional safety of the child, other children or staff
- Possession of a weapon of any kind
- Vandalism or destruction of CTWS property or the property of others
- Sexual misconduct
- Bullying/Name calling
- Possession or use of alcohol, drugs or controlled substances unless under the prescription of a physician
- Running away
- Physical confrontation/altercation
- If your child is unable to comply with our behavior expectations, the parents/guardians will be notified in writing with an incident report and/or conferences may be held with Camp Director, child and family members/guardians.
Our camp is led by a team of professional theatre educators. Staff have varied and unique experiences and qualifications in his/her field of expertise, but all share a deep love for kids and the performing arts. Each camp has an adult Camp Coordinator, Director, Music Director, Choreographer and Workshop Teacher. At least several staff will be trained and certified in CPR/First Aid. Our teaching staff are supported by our High School Interns, who are a part of our year-long program and selected based on their leadership, applications and qualifications.
- All students will perform in the show in a variety of songs and/or scenes.
- Not every student may receive a speaking or singing role, however we do our best to feature as many students as possible.
- We ask that all campers work on their material at home outside of camp, especially those with singing/speaking roles.
- All students, regardless of their place in the cast, will have a BLAST performing!
- 1st Day: A parent or an authorized adult (18+) must accompany campers into the building the first day of camp for registration and plan on staying for a brief parent meeting.
- Students must be dropped off so they can exit directly onto the sidewalk.
- Each day, campers must be signed out up by an authorized adult with verifying driver’s license or official ID.
- Students will ONLY be released to those on their approved list with a valid ID. No exceptions.
Friends and family are invited to attend our final performances. Come see the amazing magic created on stage.
- Spring Break Camp Performances: Mar 31st 7:30pm & April 1st 2:30pm (Tickets required $6-12)
- Musical Theater Camp (HSM & Madagascar): 2nd Friday at 11:00am (FREE!)
- Teen Camp (Addams Family) July 28th 7:30pm, July 29th 2:30pm & 7:30pm, July 30th 2:30pm(Tickets required $15)
- Purchase Tickets Here.
- Full payment must be made at time of registration.
- Due to the popularity and demand for our camps, the refund policies will be strictly enforced.
- Prior to March 1 (Spring Break) or May 1 (Summer Camp) = Full Refund
- After March 1/May 1 up to 2 weeks prior to start of session = 85% Refund
- Less than 2 weeks prior to start of session = NO REFUND.
Sample Daily Schedule:
9:00-9:10 Meet in Teams
Group 1 – Singing
Group 2 – Acting
Group 3 – Specialty Workshop
Group 4 – Dance
10:55-11:20 Rotations 2,3,4,1
11:20-11:40 Lunch Break
11:40-12:05 Rotations 3,4,1,2
12:05-12:30 Rotations 4,1,2,3
12:30-1:00 Group Number Work Choreography/Voice
Please do not send your child to camp if he/she is sick and/or running a fever. If a child becomes ill during camp, a parent or person authorized to pick-up will be contacted to pick-up the child. Children must be symptom free for at least 24 hours before returning. A doctor’s note may be required for your child to return to camp.
High School Musical Jr: (Completed Kdg- 7th) Based on the Disney channel phenomenon, join your favorites Troy, Gabriella and the students of East High while they navigate their classes and extra-curricular activities. Dealing with issues of love, friends and family, the crew discovers that it’s best to be “all in this together!” Go Wildcats! Featuring Songs: What I’ve Been Looking For, Get’cha Head in the Game, We’re all in This Together, Bop to the Top & More!
Madagascar Jr. (Completed Kdg- 7th) Based on the smash DreamWorks animated motion picture, Madagascar – A Musical Adventure JR. follows all of your favorite crack-a-lackin’ friends as they escape from their home in New York’s Central Park Zoo and find themselves on an unexpected journey to the madcap world of King Julien’s Madagascar. Featuring Songs: I Like to Move It, Wild & Free, Best Friends, It’s Showtime
Teen Camp: (Completed 8th-12th) The Addams Family. Wednesday Addams, the ultimate princess of darkness, has grown up and fallen in love with a sweet, smart young man from a respectable family – a man her parents have never met. Everything will change for the whole family on the fateful night they host a dinner for Wednesday’s ‘normal’ boyfriend and his parents.Final Shows (Open to the public) July 28th 7:30pm, July 29th 2:30pm & 7:30pm, July 30th 2:30pm. Each student gets 2 free tickets!
For Musical Theater Camps (HSM & Madagascar) Camps
We typically have a short 20ish minute break sometime between 11:00-30 each day. You are welcome to send a small snack or full lunch. We will also have some limited pre-packaged snacks for optional purchase such as fruit snacks, goldfish, candy and rice crispy treats for $1 each. Whatever you send with your child, it must bee 100% nut free.
For Musical Theater Camps (HSM & Madagascar) we have dress up theme days! Come full of spirit and enjoy the silly!
Tues: Crazy Hair Day
Wed: Tropical Day
Thurs: Spirit Day
Tues: Sports Day
Wed: Character Day
Thurs: Disney Day
- Water bottle
- Comfortable clothes
- Gym Shoes
- Sack Lunch*
- Optional Snack money: We will sell a limited number of prepackaged snacks such as fruit snacks, candy & rice crispie treats for .50 each.
- Camp is a cell-phone and electronic free zone. If cell phones come to camp, they must remain safely in a backpack. Remember CTWS is not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal items
- A great attitude
We are a strictly NUT FREE camp. Campers whose lunches are found to contain nuts/peanut butter will have their parents called and be required to depart camp for the day.
- Can I be on a team with a friend? Absolutely! We’re happy to group campers together within a similar age group (2-3 grade range). When you register, you may request 1 friend to be on a team with. Just put each other’s names in the request field.
- Do I need theater experience? Not at all. Camp is a both a great introduction for new-to-theater students while still being challenging for seasoned veterans.